Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2021 Interviews--DISCUSSIONS

On 2/25/2021 at 10:59 PM, drdancing said:

Has anyone actually heard from U of A psych or was that just an error? Theres a huge group of people I have chatted with who haven't heard anything either way so we're not sure if its really out yet?

I still haven't heard anything as if this morning, but haven't seen anyone in the past day to ask if they have. So maybe I'm rejected or maybe they haven't actually sent/sent all of them yet

8 minutes ago, MedHopeful93 said:

For standard panel interviews, what do you guys think is a reasonable time to answer the question?  I feel like it will depend on the type of question, for example, "tell me about a time" may be longer.  Do you think like 2 mins? 3 mins? 

I was told a good guide is 2-3 mins for standard questions, and 3-4 mins is reasonable for situational type questions. 

1 hour ago, doctora said:

I was told a good guide is 2-3 mins for standard questions, and 3-4 mins is reasonable for situational type questions. 

I was told 60-90 seconds, 2 mins for “tell me about yourself” or longer questions. But no hard rules. Better to practice and see how you sound and if you’re rambling. I find a lot of questions you don’t need more than 90 seconds 

47 minutes ago, NoMatchNoProblem said:

ALL THE BEST TO EVERYONE FOR THE GRAND FINALE TOMORROW AT NOON :)

REMEMBER. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. YOU GAVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT AND THAT'S WHAT COUNTS. 

TOUGH TIMES DON'T LAST. TOUGH PEOPLE DO. 

*Sings "The Final Countdown"*

Thinking of everyone still waiting. We are almost there. 

59 minutes ago, NoMatchNoProblem said:

ALL THE BEST TO EVERYONE FOR THE GRAND FINALE TOMORROW AT NOON :)

REMEMBER. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. YOU GAVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT AND THAT'S WHAT COUNTS. 

TOUGH TIMES DON'T LAST. TOUGH PEOPLE DO. 

Why tomorrow at noon? Isn't the deadline for programs to get back to us March 3rd? (not complaining though if they all come out by tom) :lol: