Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2021 Interviews--DISCUSSIONS

15 minutes ago, bread said:

Asking for a friend here, but what does it mean to be waitlisted?  As in, if you're on a waitlist for an interview, how likely is it that you will actually get one?  Or do some programs just put everyone who doesn't get one on a waitlist?

From my friend's match last year, I know that it's definitely better than being rejected, but I don't know how often they turn into acceptances. I have heard of them turning into invites!

24 minutes ago, bread said:

Asking for a friend here, but what does it mean to be waitlisted?  As in, if you're on a waitlist for an interview, how likely is it that you will actually get one?  Or do some programs just put everyone who doesn't get one on a waitlist?

Keep in mind that this year candidates do not need to travel in order to attend their interviews. The new virtual interview setting will make it much less likely for people to drop their interviews as they have in the past. 

8 hours ago, ArthurMcArthur said:

From my friend's match last year, I know that it's definitely better than being rejected, but I don't know how often they turn into acceptances. I have heard of them turning into invites!

8 hours ago, NoMatchNoProblem said:

Keep in mind that this year candidates do not need to travel in order to attend their interviews. The new virtual interview setting will make it much less likely for people to drop their interviews as they have in the past. 

Thank you both, that’s helpful to know! 

Question for y’all - would you ask your classmates applying to the same specialty about interview details? Cause.... idk. I feel like it could be disheartening for anyone who didn’t get an interview to whatever place you’re referring to.

Strangers on the internet = all Gucci (minus the lurkers I know ... hayyy guys hope you get good news today ;)). It happened to me yesterday and left a bad taste in my mouth. Wanted to know if I was just being extra about that or not ya know? 

33 minutes ago, sykern said:

Question for y’all - would you ask your classmates applying to the same specialty about interview details? Cause.... idk. I feel like it could be disheartening for anyone who didn’t get an interview to whatever place you’re referring to.

Strangers on the internet = all Gucci (minus the lurkers I know ... hayyy guys hope you get good news today ;)). It happened to me yesterday and left a bad taste in my mouth. Wanted to know if I was just being extra about that or not ya know? 

I mean if they know you didn’t get an interview then yeah it’s not cool. Rubbing salt on the wound. If they didn’t and it was a mistake maybe not a big deal? You prob have a gut vibe about their intentions though and med students don’t always have the best ones haha. 

try not to take it to heart too much. It’s a tough time for people but if you know they’re doing it on purpose just ignore and don’t answer. We don’t need people like this killing our vibes!!

3 minutes ago, bellejolie said:

I mean if they know you didn’t get an interview then yeah it’s not cool. Rubbing salt on the wound. If they didn’t and it was a mistake maybe not a big deal? You prob have a gut vibe about their intentions though and med students don’t always have the best ones haha. 

try not to take it to heart too much. It’s a tough time for people but if you know they’re doing it on purpose just ignore and don’t answer. We don’t need people like this killing our vibes!!

YASSS !!! Love this 

9 hours ago, ArthurMcArthur said:

I have

10 hours ago, bread said:

I had a friend last year who got waitlisted and then invited and then matched to that program!  So anything is possible!

1 hour ago, sykern said:

I tend to avoid asking any questions just for this reason lol!  Sorry it went down like that!  Today is gonna be a big day for you and for everyone else still waiting!  All good newsss *fingers crossed*

Good luck everyone!!!!