Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2021 Interviews--DISCUSSIONS

1 minute ago, bread said:

I’ve found invites in general to be a bit less kind than I would have expected (for both myself and my friends). Perhaps people are just applying to more programs in general this year? 

this is good to hear - it has felt that way for sure for me and my friends as well. I would have expected an increase of invites from schools given the virtual interviews, but it feels like everyone applied more widely. I will be interested to see if wait lists move over the next few days if the superstars got interviews basically everywhere and have to turn some down 

4 minutes ago, anotheranon said:

this is good to hear - it has felt that way for sure for me and my friends as well. I would have expected an increase of invites from schools given the virtual interviews, but it feels like everyone applied more widely. I will be interested to see if wait lists move over the next few days if the superstars got interviews basically everywhere and have to turn some down 

Yes, I agree!  I've been rejected or waitlisted for programs I thought my application was very strong for and were among my top choices, which was disappointing, but also invited to programs that interview fewer applicants, so it feels like it's very hard to predict.  But you're right, maybe there will be some waitlist movement! :)

1 minute ago, bellejolie said:

did you refresh carms? try that - they also got a bunch of rejections so it seems like lots of news came out at noon

yeah i have gotten a bunch of waitlists/rejections/one invite but nothing yet from u of t! here's hoping. Peds seems super competitive this year 

Looks like this year is an extremely competitive year for almost all specialties ... for anyone who might be feeling disappointed in themselves or feeling scared about their relative number of interviews compared to previous years or others posting on the forum, I just wanted to share that I applied clear across the country and have only had 1 interview invite to date in a non-plastics/ENT surgical specialty.  still determined to make the best of this one chance.  Chin up everyone!! PM me if anyone wants to talk :)