Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2021 Interviews--DISCUSSIONS

18 hours ago, MedZZZ said:

How many interviews are good enough to feel safe? I know it sounds like a stupid question but I just had a really tough day with all the rejections today from a two specialties that are supposed to be not so competitive :(

That's what I found out as well. Even specialties that were noted be not competitive at all last year (Path, Med Micro, Genetics, etc) were extremely picky this year. It seems everyone might have been backing up with these traditionally safe specialties, leading to a inflated sense of demand. 

1 minute ago, MedZZZ said:

Did anyone still waiting to hear from Manitoba FM? I know they sent invitation last week but I haven't heard back and they haven't updated my portal ... I assume it's a "No" but I thought they would update the portal at least

idk about Manitoba Fm, but I still haven't heard back from Manitoba Neuro. They haven't updated Carms or sent an email and won't reply to emails sent to them either haha