Premed 101 Forums

May 11 Countdown Party 2021!

I feel like I keep setting dates that I'm looking forward to so I can break up the wait, i.e. was waiting for May 1st so I can say OMG it's May, I find out this month, now waiting for Sunday so I can start saying OMG I find out next week, then I'll wait until Tuesday so I can say OMG I find out in a week, and thereafter it'll just be a one week countdown!! Good luck everyone, I'm so excited and nervous for all of us

I now start to have really realistic dreams about getting R and start to lose my positivity about this... Before I was like "well I have 50% chance to at least get a waitlist that is not bad" now it is "oh no I have 50% chance to be rejected".

Any advice on how to deal with those negative thoughts? I can work on controlling my thoughts when I am conscious but when unconscious they are just wild lol

16 minutes ago, ImReadyNextCycle said:

I now start to have really realistic dreams about getting R and start to lose my positivity about this... Before I was like "well I have 50% chance to at least get a waitlist that is not bad" now it is "oh no I have 50% chance to be rejected".

Any advice on how to deal with those negative thoughts? I can work on controlling my thoughts when I am conscious but when unconscious they are just wild lol

that's me. I've literally started to create an mcat study schedule.. I hate myself

8 minutes ago, reginageorge said:

that's me. I've literally started to create an mcat study schedule.. I hate myself

Haha same here! Also started job hunting and revising CVs in case I need another gap year. Only the news that we will receive CASPER quantiles since next cycle makes me feel better about having to do this all again...

1 minute ago, smalltowncelery said:

What do you mean hear about CASPer quintiles? 

https://takealtus.com/faq/

Can I receive my quartile score for past completed Casper tests for previous admission cycles? 

No, applicants who have completed Casper in admissions cycles prior to 2021-2022 will not receive their quartile score.

Starting in the 2021-2022 admissions cycle, applicants who have completed their Casper test will receive their Casper quartile score approximately 1 month following their test date.

Hope this brings some good vibe for us burned in this wait

9 minutes ago, ImReadyNextCycle said:

Haha same here! Also started job hunting and revising CVs in case I need another gap year. Only the news that we will receive CASPER quantiles since next cycle makes me feel better about having to do this all again...

that's a thing? I had no idea they were gonna do that

I'm with you all, I felt pretty good immediately after my interview and I've been bummed/ambivalent ever since. I think the ambivalence is my brain trying to protect me haha. I've been rejected before and now I can't imagine myself getting in despite not having any big mess ups in my interview :mellow:

9 hours ago, itski said:

will the results show up on omsas at 12am on May 11th?? or later in the day :blink:

Soooo I had some time to kill and I compiled a list of when offers came up on OMSAS and when emails were sent out on decision day last year lol :P It probably fluctuates and changes every year but I guess this gives us a good ball park. 

McMaster:

• OMSAS updated @ 12 am
  • Accepted emails @ 8:03-8:10 am
  • Waitlist emails @ 8:15-8:18 am
  • Rejected emails @ ???

Western:

• Student Centre updated @ 12 am
  • OMSAS did not update before e-mails went out?
  • Accepted emails @ 8:49-9:04 am
  • Waitlist emails @ 9:04-10:45 am
  • Rejected emails at ??

University of Toronto:

• OMSAS updated @ 6 am 
  • Accepted/Rejected Emails all together @ 8:53-9:59 am 
  • Waitlist emails a little later @ 10:30 am 

Ottawa:

• Accepted emails @ 6:40-7:07 am 
  • Waitlist emails @ 7:19-7:54 am 
  • Rejected emails @ ???
  • OMSAS did not update before e-mails went out

NOSM:

• OMSAS updated before 7:30 am 
  • Accepted emails around 7:30 am
  • Rejected emails @ 8:19-8:31 am

Queens:

• All emails @ ~ 9:33 am

It seems like rejected emails either come out at the same time as accepted emails or they come out shortly afterwards.

*All times are in eastern standard time

11 hours ago, Scrubadubdub said:

I'm with you all, I felt pretty good immediately after my interview and I've been bummed/ambivalent ever since. I think the ambivalence is my brain trying to protect me haha. I've been rejected before and now I can't imagine myself getting in despite not having any big mess ups in my interview :mellow:

Soooo I had some time to kill and I compiled a list of when offers came up on OMSAS and when emails were sent out on decision day last year lol :P It probably fluctuates and changes every year but I guess this gives us a good ball park. 

McMaster:

• OMSAS updated @ 12 am
  • Accepted emails @ 8:03-8:10 am
  • Waitlist emails @ 8:15-8:18 am
  • Rejected emails @ ???

Western:

• Student Centre updated @ 12 am
  • OMSAS did not update before e-mails went out?
  • Accepted emails @ 8:49-9:04 am
  • Waitlist emails @ 9:04-10:45 am
  • Rejected emails at ??

University of Toronto:

• OMSAS updated @ 6 am 
  • Accepted/Rejected Emails all together @ 8:53-9:59 am 
  • Waitlist emails a little later @ 10:30 am 

Ottawa:

• Accepted emails @ 6:40-7:07 am 
  • Waitlist emails @ 7:19-7:54 am 
  • Rejected emails @ ???

NOSM:

• OMSAS updated before 7:30 am 
  • Accepted emails around 7:30 am
  • Rejected emails @ 8:19-8:31 am

Queens:

• All emails @ ~ 9:33 am

It seems like rejected emails either come out at the same time as accepted emails or they come out shortly afterwards.

*All times are in eastern standard time

Guess Imma stay up all night for that OMSAS change. If I get good news, I will get a good sleep, if I get bad news, I'd be too tired to vent and just sleep it away.

17 hours ago, itski said:

will the results show up on omsas at 12am on May 11th?? or later in the day :blink:

For the last couple years OMSAS has updated @ midnight, but as pointed out above it seems to happen not all at once. For me, right at midnight the only one to do so was Mac, though most others (fairly) quickly followed suit. I think Toronto was last. School-specific portals were also variable, like Western's came up real quick, even before OMSAS, but Queen's was like 1-2 days behind. 

The only real bummer is that if you don't see any offers @ midnight you don't know whether they're just slow on the update, or you really didn't get an offer. Even then, no way to differentiate between the waitlist and the R, so it can make for a lot of anxiety. My advice is always to just wait for the e-mails to know for sure but... who can resist checking at midnight lmao, I know I didn't

2 hours ago, reginageorge said:

it's under the choices/offers tab

A screenshot might help for people who are familiar with the page to ID it, but is this what you're seeing by chance? I don't recall that red box being part of last year's shenanigans (I don't think? Someone can feel free to correct me here, but I think everyone gets it), but the "Reset Responses" button was the one responsible for #ButtonGate haha 

image.png

15 minutes ago, TheFlyGuy said:

A screenshot might help for people who are familiar with the page to ID it, but is this what you're seeing by chance? I don't recall that red box being part of last year's shenanigans (I don't think? Someone can feel free to correct me here), but the "Reset Responses" button was the one responsible for #ButtonGate haha 

image.png

yes that's the one I'm talking about! everyone else have it too? does it mean anything or does everyone eventually see it?