Premed 101 Forums

May 11 Countdown Party 2021!

22 hours ago, reginageorge said:

do offer letters appear on omsas at midnight of the 11th? or does it just say Offer?

Just an offer button with the option to accept/decline it; the letter comes in the e-mail the next morning. 

4 minutes ago, MDWoman said:

Last year if you had the button show up on OMSAS and you interviewed at McMaster, that meant that you either got WL or R. 

But ya pretty much this. Button was actually bad last year, which seemed like the opposite of what you'd expect. It looked like this: image.png.d020735ff2bbf658f29a8ec82fc2d55d.png

The stuff in the red box I think everyone had, it was only the "Reset Responses" button which was the #ButtonGate topic and cause of all the panic.

7 minutes ago, reginageorge said:

How’s everyone feeling? Does everyone think they have a good chance at getting accepted? I for one keep flipping between panic and distraction 

Like statistically yes but I also feel like I'm exactly the type to get rejected post interview lol. Overall trying to stay positive and manifest an A 

16 minutes ago, reginageorge said:

How’s everyone feeling? Does everyone think they have a good chance at getting accepted? I for one keep flipping between panic and distraction 

I fluctuate drastically between having a really good feeling and then certainty that I’m getting a big R. This is exhausting lol

1 hour ago, gliostudies said:

I fluctuate drastically between having a really good feeling and then certainty that I’m getting a big R. This is exhausting lol

This is exactly how I feel.

I feel like I am such a strong candidate, but then I read on here about other candidates with amazing applications who have applied 4-5 time and I feel so discouraged. This is my second time and I don’t know how I will hang in if I have to do this more than 3. 

37 minutes ago, nishdoc said:

This is exactly how I feel.

I feel like I am such a strong candidate, but then I read on here about other candidates with amazing applications who have applied 4-5 time and I feel so discouraged. This is my second time and I don’t know how I will hang in if I have to do this more than 3. 

Definitely feel the same way! This past cycle was just stressful with everything going on, a couple rejections after being so close to the finish line would really suck

14 hours ago, nishdoc said:

Try doing this 5 times lolol. I actually have no idea what I'll do/how I'll manage if the Rs hit. I'm sure they'll hit like a truck

Edit: Just trying to take it day-by-day and adopt a "wait and see" approach though. Anything can happen!

Edited by PopShoppe

44 minutes ago, PopShoppe said:

Try doing this 5 times lolol. I actually have no idea what I'll do/how I'll manage if the Rs hit. I'm sure they'll hit like a truck

Edit: Just trying to take it day-by-day and adopt a "wait and see" approach though. Anything can happen!

4th time applicant here, been waitlisted two years in a row. The waiting is hard, some days I think I’ll get in others I think I’ll be straight up rejected LOL. It’s best to take it day by day and distract yourself ! 

Honestly, I think there is an element of luck to this... 

14 hours ago, Scrubadubdub said:

^^^ yep feel the exact same 

Has anyone calculated what the chances are of getting into Western post-interview?

I think mine are ~1-0 % based on the glazed/confused/bored/ panel reactions as I dithered my way into the R zone. But for others I've heard ~50% . 

38 minutes ago, justamom said:

I think mine are ~1-0 % based on the glazed/confused/bored/ panel reactions as I dithered my way into the R zone. But for others I've heard ~50% . 

:lol: yea im with you on that 0-1% hahaha

crazy how getting an interview shoots our chances up to around 50% for some schools

1 hour ago, justamom said:

Yeah, would love to know what the Queen's panel interview weighting is . 

I speculate not much at all. It was 15 minutes, and the questions they asked were very probe-y, seemed like a red flag test if anything. I don't think a 15 minute interview would be worth more than reference letters, ABS and especially the 1 hour MMI. 

On 5/6/2021 at 7:28 PM, reginageorge said:

i feel like I JUST managed to snag an interview with my wgpa after looking through these forums and seeing a ton of 3.95+ (mines somewhere bw 3.85-3.9), so no idea what to think. can’t tell if the interview went well or not whatsoever. AHHHHHH the not-being-able-to-predict-and-prepare is the worst part imo! fingies crossed

35 minutes ago, mdhopeful26 said:

Sooo...what's everyone doing today to stay busy? I'm working but can confirm it is not productive work :(

I'm 'working" too lol. I've spent the day trying to decide whether I have enough self restraint to wait until 9.30 am. Decided I don't,... but that might change. What a busy busy day!