Premed 101 Forums

May 11 Countdown Party 2021!

Too soon? I have seen this on previous years and thought it was a cute idea. Whenever you're emotionally ready, feel free to add to this so that we can go through it all together. Best of luck to everyone! You got this.

If anyone has any tips on how to get through this next month and a half of waiting, I'm all ears! (just don't tell me to stay off the forums - I have tried and failed :P)

12 minutes ago, newmy88 said:

Been thinking about making this for the last couple days now as well! I'm glad you did it - the support that this forum shows is unreal! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all interviews will be done after tomorrow?

Then only 45 days.... but who's counting? :P

Yay!! So glad I'm not the only one. I agree the vibes in this forum are ~*immaculate*~

I only had one interview so I'm not sure, but I know most have already happened and Queen's panel + Western are this weekend! Hope to see people joining the party soon :)

2 hours ago, PreMed#219099 said:

Anyone know if all the invites are sent out at the same time on May 11th? Or if there are waves (spanning over May 11th or over multiple days)?

They will all come out on May 11th! In past years it's always been in the morning (and I believe most schools send out the offer letters before 11am). However, last year most Mac offers were shown on OMSAS and Western updated their portal reflecting offers at midnight! For most other schools, OMSAS did not update until the e-mails were sent.

1 hour ago, newmy88 said:

They will all come out on May 11th! In past years it's always been in the morning (and I believe most schools send out the offer letters before 11am). However, last year most Mac offers were shown on OMSAS and Western updated their portal reflecting offers at midnight! For most other schools, OMSAS did not update until the e-mails were sent.

Few of my friends had their uoft acceptance posted on OMSAS around 6:30 AM, it’s gonna be an agonizing 12 hrs

Thanks for making this thread, I love the idea!

Congrats to everyone for finishing interviews! While I'm sure the agony and anxiety of the wait is going to hit me late-April, right now I feel lighter than I have all semester. Upon reflecting, I realized this is the first time since September (I just finished interviewing this past weekend) we don't have to worry about DOING something for our apps (no looming CASPer date or prepping for interviews). I didn't realize how much peripheral stress on top of the normal school/life stress I was experiencing from it all until it was done! Anyone else feel the same way? Of course final decisions are the most important part of all, but at least there's nothing left to DO on our end right...:P

Anyways, all this to say that while this is undoubtedly going to be a long wait, try to not lose sight of all the stuff we've successfully completed and overcome already!  :rolleyes::wub:

On 4/1/2021 at 10:14 AM, albertahopeful21 said:

Thanks for making this thread, I love the idea!

Congrats to everyone for finishing interviews! While I'm sure the agony and anxiety of the wait is going to hit me late-April, right now I feel lighter than I have all semester. Upon reflecting, I realized this is the first time since September (I just finished interviewing this past weekend) we don't have to worry about DOING something for our apps (no looming CASPer date or prepping for interviews). I didn't realize how much peripheral stress on top of the normal school/life stress I was experiencing from it all until it was done! Anyone else feel the same way? Of course final decisions are the most important part of all, but at least there's nothing left to DO on our end right...:P

Anyways, all this to say that while this is undoubtedly going to be a long wait, try to not lose sight of all the stuff we've successfully completed and overcome already!  :rolleyes::wub:

Woah, 7 interviews? At this point it's about WHERE you're getting in, no IF. That's a massive accomplishment of its own, congrats! :D

On 4/5/2021 at 2:06 PM, PirouetteCacahuete said:

Woah, 7 interviews? At this point it's about WHERE you're getting in, no IF. That's a massive accomplishment of its own, congrats! :D

this is so nice thank you! Honestly, the more time passes, the more cringe moments from my interviews I remember (anyone else??). Hoping the best for you too!! 

Honestly, the more time passes, the more cringe moments from my interviews I remember (anyone else??)

I'll be in the middle of cooking, or writing something up for work, or even be talking to someone and an unwelcome, vivid memory from one of my interviews will pop into my head, making me physically cringe and say a few choice curse words out loud. This happens on almost a daily basis. Please share treatments for this ailment :(

2 minutes ago, PopShoppe said:

I'll be in the middle of cooking, or writing something up for work, or even be talking to someone and an unwelcome, vivid memory from one of my interviews will pop into my head, making me physically cringe and say a few choice curse words out loud. This happens on almost a daily basis. Please share treatments for this ailment :(

Oh my god yes. I am convinced the interviewers thought I was a blubbering idiot in the second half of my interview. Not feeling great about my chances :(

5 hours ago, albertahopeful21 said:

Honestly, the more time passes, the more cringe moments from my interviews I remember (anyone else??)

kind of the opposite issue LOL I feel like I blacked out, my coping mechanism said lets just forget all of this so you can't get flashbacks but also so you have no idea how you did and you don't know whether you should be excited or expecting the worst :lol: I'll just go with keeping the hopes low haha

Horrible flashbacks of me presenting my "confident smile" while holding up my ID upside down to the panel

On 4/6/2021 at 2:33 PM, UWOnerd said:

Oh my god yes. I am convinced the interviewers thought I was a blubbering idiot in the second half of my interview. Not feeling great about my chances :(

I held my ID upside down ..dithered .. 

20 hours ago, Yoyo2017 said:

I feel that haha. Part of me feels like it's so close but then so far when I think about the weeks ahead. 

Same boat over here. I keep doing cool accurate counting things like "well this week doesn't count cause I'm in it, and the week acceptances come out also doesn't count cause that's the week I'm waiting for. Ergo, we only have to wait 4 weeks"

:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Gazoo4242 said:

Same boat over here. I keep doing cool accurate counting things like "well this week doesn't count cause I'm in it, and the week acceptances come out also doesn't count cause that's the week I'm waiting for. Ergo, we only have to wait 4 weeks"

:rolleyes:

I do the same thing LOL :lol: I feel like once I get within 72 hours of May 11 I'll get scared, switch and think "3 days??? 3 days is going to feel like at least 3 weeks, don't worry May 11 is SO far away" :lol: 

How accurate do you all think post-interview feelings are? 

17 minutes ago, Scrubadubdub said:

I do the same thing LOL :lol: I feel like once I get within 72 hours of May 11 I'll get scared, switch and think "3 days??? 3 days is going to feel like at least 3 weeks, don't worry May 11 is SO far away" :lol: 

How accurate do you all think post-interview feelings are? 

Exactly!