Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected 2020-2021

Couldn't wait any longer so in preparation for Tuesday I decided to start a thread and create the template :)

Result: Accepted (Campus)/Waitlist/Reject

Timestamp: 

cGPA: 

CARS: 

CASPer:

MMI interview thoughts: 

Year: 

Geography: IP/OOP

Guaranteed interview from last year: Yes/No

**If you were accepted, indicate if you will be accepting or declining the offer**

Result: Accepted (edit: Hamilton)

Timestamp: midnight

cGPA: low 3.7s

CARS: 131

CASPer: Must have been good (OOP interview at Manitoba)

MMI interview thoughts: I was one of those who had to interview twice. I felt better about the first one but the second was still solid.

Year: Graduated a long time ago

Geography: IP

Guaranteed interview from last year: No

Not sure whether I'll be accepting yet, waiting on other schools

Result: Accepted (idk will update)

Timestamp: 12:00 am

cGPA: 3.99

CARS: 132

CASPer: bottom 20%

MMI interview thoughts: One of my worst interviews tbh, I came out feeling pretty awful

Year: 4th

Waiting to see what happens with other schools but would love to attend!

Result: Accepted

Timestamp: 12:00 AM

cGPA: 3.84

CARS: 129

CASPer:

MMI interview thoughts: Felt really good, a lot of the questions allowed me to talk about the obstacles and challenges I have faced since I was a young kid.

Year: Finished UG

Guaranteed interview from last year: Yes

I guess you could say I was one of the unfortunate applicants who had to deal with the lottery last year. I am thankful for the guaranteed interview opportunity, and thankful that I was able to make the best of it.

Result: Accepted (edit: Waterloo)

Timestamp: 9:00 PST

cGPA: 4.0

CARS: 130

CASPer: Felt good.

MMI interview thoughts: I was so unsure! No major missteps. 

Year: Finished UG 2016!

Geography: OOP

Congrats to everyone! No matter what the result today, you’re all amazing and should be so so proud of yourselves! 

Will very likely be accepting :) 

Timestamp: 12:00 am

cGPA: 3.95

CASPer:  ugg must have been ok, but my typing is bad. My name here was supposed to be justanon ..look how that worked out. 

MMI interview thoughts: I didn't think was great, virtual was kinda weird, but nowhere near as godawful as Western and I got an offer there too, which I just can't believe 

Year: UG 2020

Guaranteed interview from last year: hummmf yes  - tossed into the lottery . I'm thrilled but part of me will never forget the pain of last year and I just wish no one here has to also go through that. Please know that to get this far means you are incredibly talented and please believe in the audacity of hope., (Obama) keeping me going. 

Timestamp: 12:00 am (OMSAS) / 8:37 am (Email)

cGPA: 3.87

CARS: 127

CASPer: Thought it went pretty well and had a moderately high typing speed - clearly was my saving grace. 

MMI interview thoughts: Did not feel well about it at all. There was one station in which I repeated the wrong word 4 times in a row and then proceeded to correct myself with another wrong word :) Looks like the other stations really pulled through. 

Year: Just finished 4th year UG. 

Result: Accepted (Waterloo campus)

Timestamp: 12:00am on OMSAS - 8:40am email

cGPA: 3.94

CASPer: It went okay, I practiced a lot and got my typing speed up to 60wpm.

MMI interview thoughts: I thought the first one went well enough that I was expecting at least a WL, and the asynchronous redo was absolutely awful. Came out of it fully believing that I blew my chances. 2 stations I completely blanked and rambled nonsense, my answers were awkward and I do not cope well without interviewer feedback. 

Year: Finished UG

I am so grateful for this opportunity, I couldn't have done it without the support of the amazing people I met on here. This is my only offer (and my top choice regardless), so I will be accepting. Best of luck to everyone! 

Result: Accepted- Hamilton

Timestamp: 12:00am on OMSAS- Email at 8:36 AM EST

cGPA: 3.93

CASPer: Good enough for Manitoba OOP.

MMI interview thoughts: Felt much better about the live interview. Some of the questions for the recorded interview threw me off a bit but I still felt alright about it.

Year: 2nd year MSc

Edited by naptime98
Added campus

Result: Accepted (edit: Hamilton Campus)

Timestamp: guessing 12:00 am, only checked when I woke up. Email received at 8:36 AM EST.

cGPA: 3.99

CASPer: must've been half decent bc I'm OOP. felt pretty good, I'm a pretty fast typer and felt pretty comfortable with all of my answers. 

MMI interview thoughts: honestly felt like my best interview this cycle. wasn't really stumped by any questions, thought I had thorough & interesting answers for each q

Year: 4th

I will most likely be accepting. I'm on the waitlist for one more non-Ontario school that I would prefer over Mac but I don't foresee myself getting off the waitlist there... so Mac it is!! Congrats to all those accepted and for those on the waitlist/rejected, fingers crossed for you too! 

Result: Accepted!! (Hamilton)

Timestamp: checked OMSAS when I woke up, just received the email so now I believe it!

cGPA: 3.75 

CASPer: 80-100 percentile according to Manitoba's OOP pool (is the only thing that got me a Mac interview in the first place!)

MMI interview thoughts:  felt absolutely horrible, was part of the pool that had to repeat the interview. Now that I look back on it I can see some unique elements to my answers, but in the moment it was super stressful and I was mentally prepared for a rejection given my GPA

Year: gap year after UG

Guaranteed interview from last year: No, second cycle applying

Just waiting on one other school, otherwise will be accepting if that doesn't come through! Good luck to everyone and congrats!

Result: Waitlisted

Timestamp: 8:45am

cGPA: 3.92

CASPer: No idea - felt good! Kind of a slow typer though

MMI interview thoughts:  Felt okay! Answered all the questions, was interested in what they asked, didn't really get stuck

Year: 3rd

Result: Waitlist

Timestamp: 8:44am

cGPA: 3.83

CASPer: No clue :)

MMI interview thoughts: The first felt much better than the second one, we'll see how the waitlist moves.

Year: Just finished UG

Guaranteed interview from last year: no

For all those who were accepted to Mac but are thinking of declining for other schools... you're the real MVPs!

Result: Rejected

Timestamp: 9am ish EST

cGPA: 3.97

CARS: 131

CASPer: Felt good! Had fun

MMI interview thoughts: My interview skills are definitely the weak point of my application and I was so nervous coming into this application cycle. Prepared a lot and thought the questions were genuinely interesting. I didn't really get the chance to talk about my personal experiences that much though, which probably sunk me. Super bummed :(

Year: Master's

24 minutes ago, MDMD2021 said:

Timestamp: 8:44am

cGPA: 3.83

CASPer: No clue :)

MMI interview thoughts: The first felt much better than the second one, we'll see how the waitlist moves.

Year: Just finished UG

Guaranteed interview from last year: no

For all those who were accepted to Mac but are thinking of declining for other schools... you're the real MVPs!

Wow CARS! :o :) - Interesting that your email was at 8:44 (mine was 8:45) I wonder if that means you're ahread on the WL! 

Timestamp: 8:45 est

cGPA: 3.98

CASPer: Really well

MMI interview thoughts: I thought I did well in the in-person interview and fine on the asynchronous one :(

Year: Master's

EDIT:

Got off the waitlist May 21st

Withdrew, going to UManitoba!

Result: Accepted (hamilton)

Timestamp: 8:37

cGPA: 3.99 or 4 (can't rmr if they take 3 or 4 yrs)

CASPer: minimal prep, second time writing it

MMI interview thoughts: actually good, i never did the synchronous so the non-sync for me felt fine. some of the questions i was actually excited to talk about, found this interview to actually be unique and pretty stimulating.

Year: in progress masters