Premed 101 Forums

Timeline for acceptances/rejections?

12 minutes ago, mastermucocele said:

Oh yeah I'm not knocking you personally lol just a funny observation. Trust me I'll be refreshing my email every 10 secs on Thursday :lol:

12 minutes ago, BonJovi said:

I looked into your post history and I saw that you have a cousin who's a Dal med student and they gave you the correct date last year... Thursday it is I guess :D

Fingers crossed they're completely wrong and we find out this afternoon though

16 minutes ago, RBG said:

would it be worth checking with Admissions for an updated update? :( especially given the conflicting timelines by reliable sources 

I emailed them a week ago but they gave a generic response. You could email them, who knows, maybe they might have a concrete date in mind.

10 minutes ago, abcd1288 said:

I emailed them a week ago but they gave a generic response. You could email them, who knows, maybe they might have a concrete date in mind.

I imagine they do have a concrete date in mind, but this information has never been made public in the past so I don't think admissions themselves would explicitly tell us now. We just need to be patient, as tough as it is. They have a difficult job so we just have to wait out the process and hope for the best!

3 minutes ago, ramjagsingh said:

I imagine they do have a concrete date in mind, but this information has never been made public in the past so I don't think admissions themselves would explicitly tell us now. We just need to be patient, as tough as it is. They have a difficult job so we just have to wait out the process and hope for the best!

I understand it's probably a stressful and busy time for admissions, especially with COVID-19 and everything. But I don't see why that would prevent them from telling us when to expect our decision. This is not to criticize them but I'm just genuinely curious, it makes this whole process super cryptic like we are on some sort of treasure hunt.

6 minutes ago, abcd1288 said:

I understand it's probably a stressful and busy time for admissions, especially with COVID-19 and everything. But I don't see why that would prevent them from telling us when to expect our decision. It's just 1 email. This is not to criticize them but I'm just genuinely concern, it makes this whole process super cryptic like we are on some sort of treasure hunt.

I totally understand where you're coming from (feels like I'm writing the CASPER again lol). We have been waiting with anticipation since November as the time for decisions looms closer it's tough to not let it consume your brain, especially when it could be any day, or a week from today. We just don't know. I'm with you and wish it was a concrete date where we didn't have to worry each day waking up because that begins to take a toll on you. But, admissions has their process for getting things done and we just have to trust that they take their time to make a correct informed decision for each applicant. As much as it can feel like a treasure hunt, they have a tough gig, and as hard as it is on our end waiting, I don't envy the admissions committee having to choose between so many qualified applicants. 

6 minutes ago, Lime224 said:

@ramjagsingh just out of curiosity, how does your cousin know it may be tomorrow? Really keeping fingers crossed it is LOL

I get dates not details unfortunately :lol:

They were correct last year in April but hey they could be completely wrong this year. It's a rumour based on my understanding amongst the students, so I would take it with a grain of salt and hope it's the truth!

But if tomorrow isn't the day pls don't shoot the messenger ;)

2 minutes ago, ramjagsingh said:

I get dates not details unfortunately :lol:

They were correct last year in April but hey they could be completely wrong this year. It's a rumour based on my understanding amongst the students, so I would take it with a grain of salt and hope it's the truth!

But if tomorrow isn't the day pls don't shoot the messenger ;)

It might make sense considering someone said that Dal likes to send out decisions during Read week which started this Monday IIRC.

Regarding the messenger, it's ok. At least you're not that guy in Romeo and Juliet who was late and caused the 2 to die for no reason. XD

6 minutes ago, Lime224 said:

Has Dal been doing that for the past few years? Sending decisions during reading week?

I'm not sure. Last year was a complete anomaly obviously with COVID, but if I'm not mistaken, this will be the latest they've sent out decisions outside of the COVID disruption in the last 10 years or so

21 minutes ago, acshep said:

Does anyone know if the decisions are typically sent in the morning or afternoon? Trying to stop myself from checking my email every 5 minutes tomorrow. 

Dread it, run from it, destiny still arrives (talking about checking your email and loading up this forum every 5 minutes)