Premed 101 Forums

Timeline for acceptances/rejections?

48 minutes ago, squeekz07 said:

To clarify, there are 2 evaluators per question, but *10 TOTAL* different evaluators per applicant (each evaluator is assigned a single question to score, so absolutely no worries on using similar examples/stories for more than one of the prompts). Hope this clear that up!

Thank you. That helps a lot! Tho as an OOP not sure if I should cling to any hopes. 

1 hour ago, Happylittleki said:

How does being an olympic athlete translate into being a great medical practitioner? 

It looks good to have an Olympian in your class I guess. Jokes aside, it may demonstrate soft skills like perseverance, etc. People love unique stories and being an Olympian is an indicator that a person is really exceptional in a specific area.

49 minutes ago, med1day said:

I’ve applied 3 times so I know the drill lol. Honestly, just find things to occupy your time and try not to think about the wait. There’s nothing you can do. At least they won’t tell us in April again like last year! 

This is my 3rd application cycle too! We got this!!!

5 hours ago, med1day said:

I’m pretty sure they had more applicants because they lowered the MCAT score for consideration for an interview, but they weeded out additional applicants using a higher casper cut-off. So they didn’t interview more candidates...

They said in an email that they interviewed more applicants this year than they ever have. I would expect it to take longer this year (but hopefully not longer than last year). 

4 minutes ago, premed2232 said:

Same here. I feel like I’ve already been through the 5 stages of grief multiple times in this wait :eek::angry::D:unsure::(

Oh 100%. My confidence about it keeps fluctuating wildly...one minute I’m like “okay maybe I have a chance” and then the next minute I’m having major imposter syndrome, start listing reasons why it will be a no blah blah blah 

9 minutes ago, ramjagsingh said:

Does anyone know how many people they interviewed this year? A lot of people are throwing around they interviewed more but is there concrete evidence for this?

Their interview capacity is 384. They got more applications, but they didn't interview more people total. However, I cannot speak to how many people per pool were interviewed and whether or not that fluctuated, which I suspect it may have. 

34 minutes ago, jmn753 said:

Their interview capacity is 384. They got more applications, but they didn't interview more people total. However, I cannot speak to how many people per pool were interviewed and whether or not that fluctuated, which I suspect it may have. 

Where did you get 384 from? 

1 minute ago, PendingMD said:

If that for all interviews or for IP/OOP only? 

admission requirements of canadian faculties of medicine admission in 2021

If you search this in Google a PDF will come up and it's on page 15 of the document (It wouldn't let me attach - too big). It's for all interviews.