Premed 101 Forums

Timeline for acceptances/rejections?

On 3/19/2021 at 1:53 PM, IMGclerkship said:

Last year was different because the admission office was still adjusting to working from  home and setting up things. This year, there is no excuse >.< 

let's make it fun and start betting! I bet it will be out on March 23 ( I feel it in my soul lol)

I think the "anomalies" causing the delay this year include the high number of applicants, new interview process (despite there only being 5 questions, it may have been off-set for the record high applicants), re-doing admissions requirements, and the training involved with the new system. Just a guess though!

I hope you all hear soon :) I'm going to put my bet on the 25th, but that's not based on anything

36 minutes ago, Anaik said:

I think the "anomalies" causing the delay this year include the high number of applicants, new interview process (despite there only being 5 questions, it may have been off-set for the record high applicants), re-doing admissions requirements, and the training involved with the new system. Just a guess though!

I hope you all hear soon :) I'm going to put my bet on the 25th, but that's not based on anything

Is there any info anywhere to say that more applicants than usual were interviewed this year? Or just that more people applied than usual? 

3 minutes ago, IMGclerkship said:

Its 12pm. Do they normally come out before or after noon?

I jump every time I receive a notification >.<

Last year through personal experience they came out at noon sharp (I have my letter downloaded at 12:01 pm on the 15th of April last year). But there isn't a defined time. As someone posted with the dates, it varies the time of day. At about 2 pm I typically lose hope and move on to the next day lol

51 minutes ago, IMGclerkship said:

Its 12pm. Do they normally come out before or after noon?

I jump every time I receive a notification >.<

They will come out when they come out. The predictions on this thread have proved useless. Drink some herbal tea, go for a walk, hug a tree and breath. We'll all know what's good eventually 

*silent cry*

With the expectation of the email coming in so soon, I'm changing my routines. Am I the only one thinking and worrying about where I'll be when I get the message? No more phone in the washroom and volume down when I'm driving haha. I'm actually avoiding certain social situations during the day just so I won't be with some random person when I get the news! I think it's funny.... 

Just now, McCoy said:

With the expectation of the email coming in so soon, I'm changing my routines. Am I the only one thinking and worrying about where I'll be when I get the message? No more phone in the washroom and volume down when I'm driving haha. I'm actually avoiding certain social situations during the day just so I won't be with some random person when I get the news! I think it's funny.... 

I think about this whenever I’m in meetings :lol:

I just want to give everyone a head's up based on last year. They send you an e-mail that has a link to click and then you sign in. So know your Banner Number. But also the results wont just pop-up in your inbox. You definitely have  ability to take a couple deep breath's, find a private space etc. 

All that being said I'm also obsessively checking my e-mail and  I'm terrified during every meeting (all virtual) that I'm going to look at my phone and see it and not going to be able to open in that moment. 

Let's hope that it is today and the waiting game will be over!

3 minutes ago, MedHopeful2025 said:

I just want to give everyone a head's up based on last year. They send you an e-mail that has a link to click and then you sign in. So know your Banner Number. But also the results wont just pop-up in your inbox. You definitely have  ability to take a couple deep breath's, find a private space etc. 

All that being said I'm also obsessively checking my e-mail and  I'm terrified during every meeting (all virtual) that I'm going to look at my phone and see it and not going to be able to open in that moment. 

Let's hope that it is today and the waiting game will be over!

Once you login to the link does it just pop up then?