Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Deferred/Waitlisted for Current Applicants

Guest HaliEngineer

Accepted (IP, NB)

MCAT: 503

GPA: 4.0

Congratulations to everyone for making it this far! I know how stressful this entire process has been, especially on top of having to deal with the pandemic. If you did not get an acceptance, please do not give up!!! Get back up, keep trying, and I know you will get there too! Best of luck in the future!

IP (NB) 

ACCEPTED 

GPA: 3.6

MCAT: 513

I am 28, this is my third application cycle and I'm in SHOCK. I wrote the MCAT 3 times (with two really bad scores the first times) and almost failed out of my first two years of uni. IF I CAN DO IT YOU CAN. I am honestly so grateful and amazed that I finally got a yes after years of nos. I have a BSc, and an MSc with a lot of volunteering. I was very honest about my struggles and life experiences in pursuit of medicine. 

If you received a rejection I know what it's like. I believe in you! 

2 minutes ago, jmn753 said:

IP (NB) 

ACCEPTED 

GPA: 3.6

MCAT: 512

I am 28, this is my third application cycle and I'm in SHOCK. I wrote the MCAT 3 times (with two really bad scores the first times) and almost failed out of my first two years of uni. IF I CAN DO IT YOU CAN. I am honestly so grateful and amazed that I finally got a yes after years of nos. I have a BSc, and an MSc with a lot of volunteering. I was very honest about my struggles and life experiences in pursuit of medicine. 

If you received a rejection I know what it's like. I believe in you! 

I'm so pleased you finally got in - we started applying at the same time on these boards and over the years I'd see your posts!

Congratulations!!!

4 minutes ago, HK2025 said:

ACCEPTED (IP, NS), 3rd time applying, waitlisted the past 2 years

GPA: 3.7

If you have lower GPA/MCAT stats like me I hope this give you some hope that with some solid ECs and a good interview you can do it! 

Congrats! I have very similar stats (3.7, 506) and got rejected this year after being waitlisted last year. It seems my interview was above average but my supplemental didn’t cut it. Pretty bummed, but hoping they still do feedback interview so I can see where I need to improve the most. 

1 hour ago, TheBanana_stand said:

Waitlisted (NS - IP) - 2nd time applying

GPA: 3.8

MCAT: 507

score breakdown:

19 - MCAT/GPA
21.67 - extracurriculars/essay
31.60 - interview

Total.  72.27

Lower place on the list this year so I'm not holding my breath. Congratulations to all who got accepted!! :)

how do you know your place on the list?

3 hours ago, HK2025 said:

ACCEPTED (IP, NS), 3rd time applying, waitlisted the past 2 years

GPA: 3.7

If you have lower GPA/MCAT stats like me I hope this gives you some hope that with some solid ECs and a good interview you can do it! 

I just want you to know that you've given me so much hope. I didn't apply this cycle but will be doing so next year. Congratulations and all the best doc!