Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Deferred/Waitlisted for Current Applicants

Guest HaliEngineer

1 minute ago, ramjagsingh said:

Rejected after being waitlisted last year...

Score: 70.13

Lost 6 supplemental points compared to last year. That's with the average being 2 points higher this year.

Confused, angry, no idea where to go from here, thinking about moving on to something else with life. Absolutely beaten

My heart is with you. Third time is a charm. You will get it.

31 minutes ago, ramjagsingh said:

Lost 6 supplemental points compared to last year. That's with the average being 2 points higher this year.

Confused, angry, no idea where to go from here, thinking about moving on to something else with life. Absolutely beaten

Please dont take this rejection personally. It was an exceptionally difficult year. It doesnt mean you aren't good for this, it just means you have to keep trying. You are a brilliant, beautiful, and talented human being. This is not a failure until you let it be. Im so sorry you're grieving. Dont let this bump in the road derail your journey. 

50 minutes ago, peachykeen102 said:

Waitlisted (NS) with 74.61 total score

Academic is 3.97 (I forget what Dal rounded it to) and 520 (24/25)

Essay/supplemental: 25.41

Interview: 25.20 (rip)

Not feeling good about my chances with my interview score so just gonna enjoy life as much as possible and try not to think about it :( 

Anyone know what the waitlist criteria was this year? I got a 25.60 on the interview and above 70 total score and was rejected...

Accepted IP NS (and still in shock)

GPA: 3.7

MCAT: 499 (womp)

I think being a RN helped my app a ton, since my academics were nothing special. Second time applying. 

Even though I’m a bit of an outlier, I hope people with similar academic scores take comfort in that I think it’s really not all about grades, but more important to improve in being able to communicate your awesome experiences to the adcoms. That’s my take from the application experience. 

For those who are unsuccessful this round, I was there too once, feeling down and confused as to what to do. If medicine is your dream, keep working at it. Get more experiences, improve in your writing and interviewing skills etc. Also hiring a coach/tutor is a good idea too, I did for this application and found having another perspective very helpful. 

15 hours ago, ramjagsingh said:

Compared to previous years this one looked much more competitive. I would encourage you to try again but if you wanted the perspective of someone who applied 4 times, never got in and chose to pursue another career PM me. 

8 hours ago, redefining.girl said:

We have until May 19th to pay the deposit (which is surprising), if I am understanding correctly. Ontario decisions come out May 11th this year, so expect some WL movement then for sure!

thank you!! and do you mean for ontario schools? or for dal students from ontario? 

Accepted! - IP (NB)

GPA: 4.0

MCAT: 507

Research-based MSc complete, lots of volunteering, varsity athlete, 10+ years working throughout school. 

Congrats to those accepted, and best of luck to everyone else! My last time applying was three years ago and my MCAT was atrocious (496). I completely gave up hope and started looking at other career options. From my experience, the most important part of the process is BELIEVING IN YOURSELF. Set goals, dream big, and be confident!! It wasn't easy, let me tell you, but not much worth celebrating comes easily. Don't give up if this is truly your dream. You got this!