Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Countdown Thread 2020

i had a dream where i got accepted to 2 schools. it was super realistic and now i can’t stop thinking about the way it made me feel!!!! ahhh! 

thankfully i’m working full time from home so i’ve got something to keep me occupied. 

with all the bad shit going on in the world, getting good news on may 12th would be the greatest gift i could receive :’)

58 minutes ago, inkbat said:

i had a dream where i got accepted to 2 schools. it was super realistic and now i can’t stop thinking about the way it made me feel!!!! ahhh! 

thankfully i’m working full time from home so i’ve got something to keep me occupied. 

with all the bad shit going on in the world, getting good news on may 12th would be the greatest gift i could receive :’)

OMG this happened to me last year the night before results came out :wacko:. I woke up and thought I was actually in until I realized it was a dream lol

1 hour ago, inkbat said:

This was my April Fool's dream....

Way to much time on my hands right now.  trying not to ruminate and pick apart the interview I did and stop wondering what Mac is going to do. Definitely trying to find ways to keep buys, exercise, and doing other hobbies. 

I'm a little sad because when I dreamed about being accepted I always wanted to visit friends, mentors and family that have been such a great support over the years. With the Quarantine now I guess if I am luck enough to get an offer the celebrations will have to be delayed. 

Happy to PM people if they want to chat about med school or life, to keep busy.

45 minutes ago, MDLD said:

I'm a little sad because when I dreamed about being accepted I always wanted to visit friends, mentors and family that have been such a great support over the years. With the Quarantine now I guess if I am luck enough to get an offer the celebrations will have to be delayed. 

i’m feeling the exact same way. of course it would be amazing to be accepted - but it really hurts that i won’t be able to celebrate with family, travel for a month or two before getting caught up in school, possibly have a white coat ceremony and orientation week, etc.

it’s been really hard to accept that all these things i've been looking forward to over the past year, which kept me going when i was exhausted and overworked and drained, might not actually happen. 

(again - would be ecstatic to be accepted. i’m just feeling really low right now.)

Hey yall. I really do think they would at least give us a white coat ceremony. Even if its delayed. Out of all this mess, that's the one thing I definately would want. I've been passing the time and staying distracted by learning how to cook more than scrambled eggs and playing a bunch of video games that I never had the chance of doing when I was in school LOL 

Whishing everyone the best in all this!! 

2 minutes ago, wannabemdplease said:

I'm a non-trad applicant and a lot of life decisions will be made contingent on what happens on May 12 - very nervous and anxious, but really trying to tell myself everything happens for a reason. Anyone thinking of any backup plans in case things don't work out?

Finishing up my Masters and might do some research over the summer but if I don't get it I don't know what I will do..... :(

1 hour ago, DrOtter said:

Haha I'm glad I'm not alone. I tried that and "view page source" recently :lol: Nothing yet. But hey we can all keep an eye on that lol

So good to hear this! Now I feel slightly more justified for my neuroticism. Now, if only I knew how to read the code that pops up in inspect element or view page source...

Maybe quarantine has given me the opportunity to learn coding and self-teach towards a major in CS?

Can't figure out how to put it in my signature but I have only 2 interviews. And one of them, Calgary, I had it yesterday and let's say it was at least weird af. Disappointing if it actually counts for 50% of admission. I'm not go into detail but whoever participated will know what I am saying

Can't deal with more Corona news PLEASE

1 minute ago, MedGoldfish said:

So good to hear this! Now I feel slightly more justified for my neuroticism. Now, if only I knew how to read the code that pops up in inspect element or view page source...

Maybe quarantine has given me the opportunity to learn coding and self-teach towards a major in CS?

I've heard UWO posts application status on student center before it is actually announced via e-mail. So. Should I keep checking ? LOL

4 minutes ago, dooogs said:

I've heard UWO posts application status on student center before it is actually announced via e-mail. So. Should I keep checking ? LOL

In times where the only constant is the daily barrage of COVID-19 news and our only sources of entertainment are a man who collects tigers and Jessica from Love is Blind, I would keep checking. Gotta have that consistency, you know? ;)

1 minute ago, MedGoldfish said:

In times where the only constant is the daily barrage of COVID-19 news and our only source of entertainment is a man who collects tigers and Jessica from Love is Blind, I would keep checking. Gotta have that consistency, you know? ;)

Just can't get into that tiger man show. Ozark needs more episodesss