Premed 101 Forums

UBC MD Interview Invites/Regrets Thread - 2020/21

14 hours ago, Excel-erate Your Breath said:

Might be a bit of a left field one but FIFA 21 for me lol. And probably gonna get back into the gym, been skipping for a week.

Moral of the story: just do what you would normally do in life to 'distract' you. Life is bigger than this application cycle. And I say that as someone who has accepted that the chances of me getting an invite this cycle are low, not just as someone who thinks of themselves as a shoo-in

skipping is good exercise :) 

I haven’t completed the second English requirement for UBC and have been on a waitlist for 3 months to get into an English course for second semester in the case I got an interview... and I finally got into the course today! I’m hoping that’s the universe telling me it’s necessary and a good sign :P 

Just now, pre-med 12344321 said:

This may be a dumb question, but I don't think I have a percentage GPA? My school only gives out letter grades and now I'm wondering if this has affected my application seeing as everyone on here has a percent grade? Does anyone know about this?

UBC converts your grades to a percent behind the scenes according to this table: https://med-fom-ugrad.sites.olt.ubc.ca/files/2012/08/ADM_grade_conversion_tables.pdf

1 minute ago, pre-med 12344321 said:

This may be a dumb question, but I don't think I have a percentage GPA? My school only gives out letter grades and now I'm wondering if this has affected my application seeing as everyone on here has a percent grade? Does anyone know about this?

https://med-fom-ugrad.sites.olt.ubc.ca/files/2012/08/ADM_grade_conversion_tables.pdf

With Table 1 being universities that give out A+. Table 2 being no A+s.