Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview Invites/Regrets 2020/2021

48 minutes ago, falarm said:

For MD/PhD? shame then since there is only one interview date :/

Someone last year seems to have received an MD/PhD interview 6 days after the first ones had gone out (https://forums.premed101.com/topic/107242-uoft-interview-invitesregrets-2020/?do=findComment&comment=1155134), so hopefully you hear something tomorrow or the day after

Hi guys. I forgot to post on this thing after I received my interview last week:

Jan 14 2021

TIME STAMP: 4:19 PM

Result: Interview (MD) and (MD/PhD)

GPA:  less than 3.9 wGPA

MCAT: 519

ECs: arguably heavy heavy research. 5 first authors (one in nature), and 8-9 other co-author (second and third) pubs. Lots and lots of presentations and scholarships. Managed two clinical trials. Finished grad school.

Essays: sacrificed a goat and prayed to the holy gods

Year: MSc completed

On 1/20/2021 at 3:00 PM, rainy said:

Do you think they will reschedule us and send invite again with next batch?

Do you know if they sent out the interview times for those who have already confirmed their availability for Feb 6th? Cause if that's been sent out, then maybe they'll send us an invite again for the next batch. If not, I'm hoping they'll email us separately. 

Out of curiosity, when you submitted the form, did you include the time for your other interview?

7 hours ago, cptnlevi said:

Hi guys. I forgot to post on this thing after I received my interview last week:

Jan 14 2021

TIME STAMP: 4:19 PM

Result: Interview (MD) and (MD/PhD)

GPA:  less than 3.9 wGPA

MCAT: 519

ECs: arguably heavy heavy research. 5 first authors (one in nature), and 8-9 other co-author (second and third) pubs. Lots and lots of presentations and scholarships. Managed two clinical trials. Finished grad school.

Essays: sacrificed a goat and prayed to the holy gods

Year: MSc completed

Dear god.... You should go into the interview and ask U of T what THEY have to offer you. 

3 hours ago, shiron said:

Do you know if they sent out the interview times for those who have already confirmed their availability for Feb 6th? Cause if that's been sent out, then maybe they'll send us an invite again for the next batch. If not, I'm hoping they'll email us separately. 

Out of curiosity, when you submitted the form, did you include the time for your other interview?

They have sent out timing for feb 6. I did include time of my other interview.

1 hour ago, rainy said:

They have sent out timing for feb 6. I did include time of my other interview.

Sorry, meant to say if they sent out specific times, like if we would be in the morning or afternoon session. From the initial email, it says that they'll send out confirmation emails and more details about the interviews, but I have yet to receive these.

Have those been sent out yet to applicants that have confirmed their invite?

2 hours ago, shiron said:

Sorry, meant to say if they sent out specific times, like if we would be in the morning or afternoon session. From the initial email, it says that they'll send out confirmation emails and more details about the interviews, but I have yet to receive these.

Have those been sent out yet to applicants that have confirmed their invite?

I believe it has been sent out to those who confirmed invites

49 minutes ago, Captrex_501stlegion said:

Today is the two-ish week mark for the Feb. 6 interviews. Do we think there will be a wave today?

I highly doubt it. Usually they send out all the invites for each day at once, with the exception of a very very small number of invites closer to each date due to cancellations, but those would come out one at a time (not in a wave)

On 18/01/2021 at 4:06 PM, shiron said:

Thanks for letting me know! I also got an email back from them saying that by saying "No" it doesn't invalidate my invite, instead, it alerts them that there is a interview conflict. 

Yup, I included the date and time of my other interview.

Did they contact you to reschedule yet? 

15 hours ago, Lolz1 said:

In the same boat as you. Have you reached out to them or just waiting it out? 

Yeah, it's making me anxious not hearing back from them. I emailed them Friday evening asking when we should expect to hear back from them for those who had scheduling conflicts. Hopefully, I'll hear back from them soon and I'll let you know when they respond!

Have you emailed them as well?

18 hours ago, Proper12 said:

Does anyone know when we should roughly expect the next wave for March 7th/21st interview dates?

The first time I interviewed was on March 31st 2019 and I received the invite just over a month before hand (around Feb 25th I think), but other people only received the invite around early March for the same day so I wouldn't begin to get concerned until late Feb. 

3 hours ago, shiron said:

Yeah, it's making me anxious not hearing back from them. I emailed them Friday evening asking when we should expect to hear back from them for those who had scheduling conflicts. Hopefully, I'll hear back from them soon and I'll let you know when they respond!

Have you emailed them as well?

I definitely know how you feel. I haven't emailed them yet but might soon because it's already been a few days since they sent confirmation emails to the others. I'll also let you know if I hear anything!