Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview Invites/Regrets 2020/2021

1 minute ago, carrots said:

TIME STAMP: 4:18

Result: Invite!! (MD)

GPA:  3.94

MCAT: 516 (129/128/129/130)

ECs: Some research, some long term volunteering as well as some more recent ones, sports, I'd say my ECs are decently diverse but nothing super special

Essays: Felt okay, I tried to include personal anecdotes!

Year: 3rd

Good luck everyone! My interview is Feb 6th if anyone is wondering about the spacing between invite and actual interview

Congrats! Are you IP or OOP, if you don’t mind me asking :)

TIME STAMP: 4:14

Result: Interview (MD) IP

GPA:  3.88 wGPA

MCAT: 519

ECs: really not that amazing, 1 NSERC-USRA, research assistant, sales associate, volunteer at community center

Essays: had them looked over by a med student

Year: completed undergrad last year, second time applying

shaking, I have no idea how I received one at all! Good luck to everyone

9 minutes ago, rainy said:

Invite

Stamp: 4:16 pm

wGPA: 3.98

MCAT:516

u/g: 4th year OOP

it conflicts with my ubc interview on feb. 6

will they adjust time accordingly if I request?

Good luck everyone

Yeh, they said in one of the webinars that they'll move dates around to accommodate extenuating circumstances (including other interviews and religious reasons), unless you get an interview on their last interview day of the cycle. 

Congrats!!

50 minutes ago, rainy said:

Invite

Stamp: 4:16 pm

wGPA: 3.98

MCAT:516

u/g: 4th year OOP

it conflicts with my ubc interview on feb. 6

will they adjust time accordingly if I request?

Good luck everyone

Congrats! I got an invite as well and also have a conflict with another interview. I just submitted the form to ask for an accomodation. If we couldn't make that day/time but still wanted to attend the interview at UT, do you know if we should have responded with "yes" or "no" when they asked if we were available for the interview on Feb 6?

Just now, shiron said:

Congrats! I got an invite as well and also have a conflict with another interview. I just submitted the form to ask for an accomodation. If we couldn't make that day/time but still wanted to attend the interview at UT, do you know if we should have responded with "yes" or "no" when they asked if we were available for the interview on Feb 6?

What other interview do you have that day if you dont mind me asking? 

TIME STAMP: 4:20pm

Result: Interview (MD/PhD and MD)

GPA:  3.87

MCAT: 512 (126/129/129/128)

ECs: Lots of research (multiple publications and scholarships), multiple part time jobs through undergrad, various volunteering ranging from general roles to executive positions leading clubs/ starting initiatives. 

Essays: Had  them edited by multiple (5+ friends)

Year: 2nd Year MSc

Congratulations and good luck to everyone else receiving positive news today! (And fingers crossed for everyone else)

52 minutes ago, shiron said:

Did you say ‘yes’ or ‘no’ when sending request for accommodation? 

TIME STAMP: 4:18pm

Result: Interview!!!!!!

GPA:  3.97 

MCAT: 513 (130/126/129/128)

ECs: lots of employment with multiple part time jobs through undergrad, various volunteering, exec positions, very little research  

Essays: Felt okay, worked on them over the span of a month and had them edited by a couple friends and family members 

Year: Graduated 2019

After being rejected last year in March, this was truly a dream come true. I’m SO excited and incredibly grateful for this opportunity. I can’t wait!!

47 minutes ago, rainy said:

Did you say ‘yes’ or ‘no’ when sending request for accommodation? 

I clicked on "No" and explained at the bottom to see if they can fit me in for another date/time. Now I'm worried if I should have clicked on yes in case they interpret the 'no' as a decline to their offer! But at the same time, I didn't click on 'yes' cause I thought I wasn't available that day. 

Did you say, yes or no? 

Invite

Stamp: 4:18 pm

GPA: 3.996

MCAT: 520 (132/126/131/131)

u/g: 4th year undergrad IP

EC: one publication, one significant project, club founder/president, part-time volleyball referee, multiple scholarships

Essays: felt good about them. Had a med student review them all.

I still can't believe it !! If anyone wants to prep together, I'm down. 

16 minutes ago, shiron said:

I clicked on "No" and explained at the bottom to see if they can fit me in for another date/time. Now I'm worried if I should have clicked on yes in case they interpret the 'no' as a decline to their offer! But at the same time, I didn't click on 'yes' cause I thought I wasn't available that day. 

Did you say, yes or no? 

I have not done yet. I thought I would send them an email first and see what they would say if they reply. I think you should be ok because you have asked for accommodation.