Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview Invites/Regrets 2020/2021

6 minutes ago, lucia said:

Has anyone received a regret email yet?

Are the people invited for the first interview with the highest priority?
If there is no dropout in the first interview, will there be no second interview opportunity?

There definitely will be further large waves of interview invites to go out, none of the spots for the March dates will have been filled yet. 

And aside from MD/PhD applicants who all hear back early, the order that you hear back in for the different MD interview dates doesn’t in any way correlate to your ranking, it’s just the order in which they complete the file reviews (which is random). So plenty of invites left to go around :)

24 minutes ago, mustgetin said:

I've read on other forums that there is an internal GPA cutoff of 3.85 for both undergrad and grad students.... is that true?

I’ve heard this is not true (based on various sources on different forums) but I can’t say for certain. Also with the wGPA changing this year nobody can be certain. 

4 minutes ago, digitalhealthdreamer said:

I’ve heard this is not true (based on various sources on different forums) but I can’t say for certain. Also with the wGPA changing this year nobody can be certain. 

IDK for undergraduate applicants, but 3.7 is considered competitive for graduate applicants. I was on the fence about applying this cycle because of finances and my wGPA is ~3.77. I emailed admissions about doing a second undergrad or taking extra courses to boost my GPA. I was told that 3.7 is considered competitive and I've seen it on the website as well. I don't think they have a reason to lie about that. Now higher is definitely better, but as we've seen, a 4.0 is not a guaranteed in. UofT is pretty holistic and takes everything into consideration

1 hour ago, lucia said:

Has anyone received a regret email yet?

Are the people invited for the first interview with the highest priority?
If there is no dropout in the first interview, will there be no second interview opportunity?

Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z. 

5 hours ago, Captrex_501stlegion said:

IDK for undergraduate applicants, but 3.7 is considered competitive for graduate applicants. I was on the fence about applying this cycle because of finances and my wGPA is ~3.77. I emailed admissions about doing a second undergrad or taking extra courses to boost my GPA. I was told that 3.7 is considered competitive and I've seen it on the website as well. I don't think they have a reason to lie about that. Now higher is definitely better, but as we've seen, a 4.0 is not a guaranteed in. UofT is pretty holistic and takes everything into consideration

Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z. 

getting more application money rollin in is always a good reason for them to lie about that

30 minutes ago, carrots said:

I didn’t get any confirmation email from UofT... did anyone else not get that email either?

The confirmation email said that "The Admissions Team will only contact those applicants whose answer(s) were not received, or whose recording(s) were not adequate for review, after we have reviewed all the submissions." 

So it seems like they'll contact you if anything went wrong on their end! I would probably email them to double check that they received your videos though..

1 hour ago, temmie said:

The confirmation email said that "The Admissions Team will only contact those applicants whose answer(s) were not received, or whose recording(s) were not adequate for review, after we have reviewed all the submissions." 

So it seems like they'll contact you if anything went wrong on their end! I would probably email them to double check that they received your videos though..

I emailed vidcruiter and they confirmed that my videos were received properly! Thanks so much