Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

On 12/3/2021 at 1:04 PM, OTWrappingpaper said:

You're so sweet, this was really nice and encouraging, thank you. Unfortunately U of T will not accept me until after I graduate either, but since I've already paid to do the CASPer, I think I'll apply for UBC. I know they only need 45 credits and I'll have all the prerequisites, so I'll at least try. I'm not too keen on going to a smaller city though honestly, so I think it'll just be UBC. If I don't get in, there's a one year master's in policy I'll also apply for, or maybe I'll just get some more work experience as an OT assistant or something. 

Again, thanks so mcuh

Not sure if this helps, UofT's website states: "Applicants may have completed an appropriate bachelor’s degree with high academic standing from a recognized university at the time of application. Students may also apply in the final year of a four-year degree program, provided that they have fulfilled the prerequisite course requirements. In this case, students must provide proof of completion of the degree requirements no later than June 30, 2022"

If you're in your 4th yr, might be still eligible to apply!

On 11/17/2021 at 8:45 PM, PT2022-- said:

Not sure about UK but i did apply to australia and got an acceptance but decided to stay back and try to apply canadian schools. May i ask what made you choose the UK over canada/australia?

Does anyone know when the deadline is for australian/ uk schools? I don't see them on their websites (ie. Brighton). Also, which schools in aus/ uk did you all apply to? 

8 hours ago, PPTT22 said:

Does anyone know when the deadline is for australian/ uk schools? I don't see them on their websites (ie. Brighton). Also, which schools in aus/ uk did you all apply to? 

Most of them take applications from l believe mayish to late august (please double check though) and they have rolling admissions as well. I applied to USYD, and got in a week later. 

On 10/25/2021 at 8:24 PM, PPTT22 said:

Thank you for your response! That's really helpful. I'm also applying to the schools you mentioned with the exception of Ottawa. I understand both Ottawa and McGill QY have a French requirement. I completed French Immersion high school in BC, are you aware if this might meet the French language requirement? I've reached out to both schools a while back and haven't heard a response yet. Thanks again! 

For uOttawa you have to take their French test, zero exceptions (but I realize you're not applying there!)

For McGill you'd have to check with them as they have a long list which includes "other" which could be anything - if it doesn't meet it then there are tests you can sign up for to get the requirement :) 

On 10/25/2021 at 8:24 PM, PPTT22 said:

Thank you for your response! That's really helpful. I'm also applying to the schools you mentioned with the exception of Ottawa. I understand both Ottawa and McGill QY have a French requirement. I completed French Immersion high school in BC, are you aware if this might meet the French language requirement? I've reached out to both schools a while back and haven't heard a response yet. Thanks again! 

Hi, uOttawa OT student here with a roommate in PT :) ! There are a few students in each cohort who only French immersion in high school, my roommate included. When applying, you will have to take a French test but it is pretty straightforward. Personally, I hadn't taken any French classes since hs but have been doing really well. IMO it's def worth applying. Remember that you will always have the option of submitting assignments in English, and that your French skills will improve with practice :)

On 12/8/2021 at 1:50 AM, PT2022-- said:

Most of them take applications from l believe mayish to late august (please double check though) and they have rolling admissions as well. I applied to USYD, and got in a week later. 

Nicely done!  

I am applying for both OT and PT, leaning OT.  

UK schools differ by school.  Also - watch for Australian schools starting at different times of the year that more coincide with their opposite seasons.  

I'm making a career change and took a bachelors in a completely unrelated subject - applied last year to the Canadian schools and, after a couple of waitlists, didn't get in. 

I got into two UK schools last year, and leaning towards the UK for this year.  Life is a little too short for multiple attempts (years) to get into Canada.  Submitted a couple of apps to Australia as well but some of their international tuition fees are a bit ridiculous.  The way I see it is you're potentially paying double in the UK and triple in Australia.

Looking forward to the adventure!

I pray to Allah there are less applicants this year. I have little to zero will to keep pushing forward. I feel like I'm cursed. So deep in, have no choice, one B+ from a class thats not important haunts you 3 years later and potentially destroys the entire GPA. What else can I give this career path? Have I not sacrificed enough? Anyways, yall stay safe, this is a realllllyyyy competitive and hurtful path we chose. Good luck to all yall <3 

15 hours ago, OTwanderer said:

Nicely done!  

I am applying for both OT and PT, leaning OT.  

UK schools differ by school.  Also - watch for Australian schools starting at different times of the year that more coincide with their opposite seasons.  

I'm making a career change and took a bachelors in a completely unrelated subject - applied last year to the Canadian schools and, after a couple of waitlists, didn't get in. 

I got into two UK schools last year, and leaning towards the UK for this year.  Life is a little too short for multiple attempts (years) to get into Canada.  Submitted a couple of apps to Australia as well but some of their international tuition fees are a bit ridiculous.  The way I see it is you're potentially paying double in the UK and triple in Australia.

Looking forward to the adventure!

Absolutely. Every PT that I have met, some of the best in town all pointed towards getting a PT degree from AUS as their physios are the most competent and the research is so much more advanced, of course if you can afford it. It is a option as well that serves well if you can afford the debt etc. 

On 12/14/2021 at 8:58 PM, OptimisticOT22 said:

Hello! I am a Current OT student at UWO and wanted to come on here to wish everyone good luck this application cycle. I am open to questions if anyone has any questions about applications/acceptances/etc!

Amazing! Thank you for coming here to help prospective students! I am wondering what you have been enjoying about the program at Western to this point? 

On 12/7/2021 at 2:13 PM, PPTT22 said:

They have different deadlines since they differ in the starting dates. Some UK schools are on a rolling basis but mostly close applications either late December or early January. 

Australia starting dates (from the schools I applied) are March or November. 

I applied to

AUS: USYD(got in right away) and UQ (got in as well!) 

UK: Brighton (had interview this week), Birmingham, Leeds, MMU, QMU, Essex, and Brunel. 

Most of the applications for UK schools are free so I thought I would increase my chances of getting in by applying to more schools. 

Hope this helps! 

18 hours ago, OTWrappingpaper said:

Does anyone have any idea how to write their CV for UofA? I have no idea what I'm doing here. Applying to OT. What should I include? 

I'd include what you would normally include on a CV. Relevant work experience, training, qualifications, additional language experience. McGill had an amazing template when I was applying to OT there and so I use that template now. It includes everything I mentioned above. :)

Hello! 4th year undergrad here (finishing in 5 years) needing some advice. I'm planning on applying for PT in the fall of 2022. I've been taking 5 classes a semester but decided to do 3 classes for my last 2 years to focus more on extracurriculars, my own rehabilitation, and work. Will taking 3 classes per semester have a negative impact on my application if I maintain a good GPA/ experience? I was also kind of confused if my last 2 years would be considered part-time in ORPAS. I'm from BC and it's considered full-time here.

Thanks for your time! I really appreciate it

On 12/15/2021 at 7:12 PM, inshallahpt said:

I pray to Allah there are less applicants this year. I have little to zero will to keep pushing forward. I feel like I'm cursed. So deep in, have no choice, one B+ from a class thats not important haunts you 3 years later and potentially destroys the entire GPA. What else can I give this career path? Have I not sacrificed enough? Anyways, yall stay safe, this is a realllllyyyy competitive and hurtful path we chose. Good luck to all yall <3 

Hey man,

I feel you on this. This path has led to so much pain. This is my 4th time applying to PT and if I don't get in this time, it'll hurt a lot. I applied to UK as a backup, but I also really don't want to leave my loved ones behind. Sometimes I wonder if I should have chosen a more useful degree like accounting or smt. Hopefully this year is our year. I had a few B's as well when I first started my degree and I ended up taking more courses to boost my GPA, so you can always improve that. Stay strong brother and best of luck to you <3

On 12/14/2021 at 7:19 PM, onroutetoot said:

Hi, uOttawa OT student here with a roommate in PT :) ! There are a few students in each cohort who only French immersion in high school, my roommate included. When applying, you will have to take a French test but it is pretty straightforward. Personally, I hadn't taken any French classes since hs but have been doing really well. IMO it's def worth applying. Remember that you will always have the option of submitting assignments in English, and that your French skills will improve with practice :)

Hi there! Thanks for your response, I'm also looking to apply to McGill QY as well but similarly have only taken French Immersion in hs. Would applicants still be accepted on the condition of completing a French test after admission cycle or would applicants need to have already taken a French test before applying? That is, when would the French test need to be taken? And which French test would students be required to take, would that be DELF or DALF? Thank you!!

Hey all, 

A couple questions as I'm filling out ORPAS' Western application: 

1. Would research in aging and spinal cord injury research be categorized under non-PT experiences? Currently, under PT experiences I've got physio clinic volunteer, exercise instructor at a spinal cord injury research center, care aide, and head coach for athletes with ASD. For non-PT I've got 2 research experiences, fitness committee chair, and exercise facilitator at a disability center. Any thoughts/ input would be greatly appreciate! 

2. Would Geographic location be listed as 'City Province' ie. 'Vancouver BC', or postal codes? There doesn't seem to be enough space to fill in complete addresses. 

For anyone who's applying to U of A's PT program and have taken courses this past fall semester, when are you planning to start the application? I read on the website to only start the application when we have all the documentation needed ie. transcripts, so I was thinking mid Jan? 

Thanks in advance!

Hey! I remember emailing Western earlier this semester about one of my research experiences and they said it would not count for PT related experiences, but you could try and email to see if your study would maybe! For geographic location, I ended up just putting in the city name. When I tried to add in the province (even just "ON") it didn't fit. I think they also have the information from the name of the organization to know that it is in a specific province! 

23 hours ago, HarDaPT said:

hi everyone! I am a first year PT student at Uoft. Hit me up for any tips or advice on the application process! I also applied to the other schools in Ontario so if you have questions regarding their application process, ask away. 

Hey there, thank you so much!:) Which other schools did you end up applying to? I'm applying to U of T, Western, Mac, and Queens as an out of province applicant from BC. Just wondering what components of your application you think really set you apart? Thanks again!