Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

48 minutes ago, MiaOT said:

has anyone recieved a Mac OT waitlist offer?

I think theyre going to release waitlist offers after people finish booking slots for interviews. Sign-up starts tomorrow so I'm assuming it will be in the next couple of days 

edit: just checked again and they said if we dont respond by March 11 they will send out additional invites 

2 minutes ago, AcceptMeOT said:

I think theyre going to release waitlist offers after people finish booking slots for interviews. Sign-up starts tomorrow so I'm assuming it will be in the next couple of days 

Sign up for interview slots ends on March 11th, so I assume the waitlist will open after that!

30 minutes ago, OT2021OT said:

Congrats to those who got interviews!! 

I have a 3.71 sub gpa and did not receive an invitation so if anyone is in a similar boat as me i feel ya.

Good luck everyone!

I have a 3.76 and still waiting to hear.. hopefully soon for us (or at least a waitlist!) good luck!!

27 minutes ago, zyga15 said:

New to this forum, but confused by these Mac OT interviews. My sGPA is 3.97, my cGPA is 3.94, but no email for interview. I thought this step was based solely off GPA at this point? Or am I missing something??

It sounds like you definitely should have gotten an invitation - maybe check your spam folder!

15 minutes ago, zyga15 said:

Been checking it all day :( I hope it comes but the workday is basically over now... so odd.

I'm just wondering if you received a confirmation of application email from them back in January. The only possible explanation I can think of would be that they don't have the right email on file. 

Just now, OT1999 said:

I'm just wondering if you received a confirmation of application email from them back in January. The only possible explanation I can think of would be that they don't have the right email on file. 

I did get the confirmation email, and I got the Mac PT Kira Talent emails just last week, so that's why I'm so surprised by this

Just now, 123476Claire said:

This might sound silly ... but is it in your spam? 

Unfortunately not in the spam folder either. I know my ORPAS account is set up correctly from getting the January confirmation emails and Mac PT Kira Talent last week, and I've been receiving lots of other emails today so I know my inbox is working fine right now too.  

1 hour ago, zyga15 said:

Unfortunately not in the spam folder either. I know my ORPAS account is set up correctly from getting the January confirmation emails and Mac PT Kira Talent last week, and I've been receiving lots of other emails today so I know my inbox is working fine right now too.  

I’m not sure if this has anything to do with it but maybe because you applied to the PT program they gave priority to other applicants? You could try sending them an email and see if they give you an explanation 

1 minute ago, AcceptMeOT said:

I’m not sure if this has anything to do with it but maybe because you applied to the PT program they gave priority to other applicants? You could try sending them an email and see if they give you an explanation 

I have friends that applied to both as well and it didn't impact their ability to get an interview for OT, so I don't think it could be this. Yea, I'll probably end up emailing and see if something changed about the selection process I guess

9 minutes ago, bananagram005 said:

Does anyone know if Mac sends out all invites for OT MMIs at once? with a 3.82 s-GPA I was super hopeful I'd get an interview :( 

Congrats to all who got interviews :) 

I feel like they should send out all the invites before noon tomorrow since that's when the sign up period begins. It wouldn't be fair for some people to get their interview invites after that. Your sGPA is good tho!!! maybe it's just a super competitive year unfortunately :(

Hey not sure if anyone can answer this question, but I thought i read on this forum a few days ago that someone claimed the personal submission for western OT isnt used or read during the admissions process and that they only use it to put people in groups after they have been enrolled. Im really hoping this isnt the case, and I also dont understand why the final optional question (i dont remember the exact wording) gave you the opportunity to mention or discuss anything unusual about your application? 

If anyone can confirm they use this personal submission during the application process that would be great!

Thanks!