Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

20 minutes ago, pls_OT_2021 said:

Hey guys, I have 3.83 sGPA, also didn't get a mac OT interview offer... Does anyone know when they send out waitlist for interviews? And what the cutoff was this year? 

The cut-off last year was a 3.78 for interviews according to their website. I'm waiting as well but you have a great gpa so I wouldn't be worried : ) good luck!

15 minutes ago, pendingOT said:

I think they’ll send out invitations starting next week once the sign up period closes for those who received an invitation.... I’m not sure if we will get an email beforehand saying if we are on the list or not. I would assume if you don’t get a rejection tomorrow then you are on the list!

i’m not sure what the average was but I would say it’s high 3.8s or low 3.9s... we just got unlucky this year with the amount of applications so it’s abnormally high!

Did everyone who applied for Mac OT also apply for Queens, Westrn and U of T? I guess I’m trying to feel out if the other OT schools GPA will also be abnormally high. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, SaraPT123 said:

Did everyone who applied for Mac OT also apply for Queens, Westrn and U of T? I guess I’m trying to feel out if the other OT schools GPA will also be abnormally high. Thanks!

I am wondering the same thing. I did apply to Queens and U of T but not Western. 

17 minutes ago, SaraPT123 said:

I applied to Mac, Toronto, Western & Queens (all for OT)

Applied (All PT): UofT, McMaster, Queens
Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
ORPAS Calculated sGPA/cGPA: 3.54 
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Strong references from professor I had for 3 semesters and a Clinic Director/Physiotherapist at a multi-disciplinary clinic I interned at (279 hours). Treated a wide range of patients from patients with Parkinson's Disease to college/national level athletes. Several different modalities utilized to treat patients on an individual basis. Also ~50 hours of personal training experience during my third year of undergrad. I have strong interpersonal skills and believe I did well on the CASPer, although I was crunched on time every response. Strong background in teamwork and leadership skills (7+ years work in team-oriented organization).

Received McMaster interview invite on 19 FEB 2021.

My cGPA and sGPA are the only things i'm worried about. Being realistic, I don't know if i'll make the cut-offs to be reviewed at any school. I did a bridge to a Kinesiology program so all 20 of my last university level courses were the only courses I have on my transcript (currently in last semester). Looking at everyone else's sGPA here and prior year's threads, it seems like I have a VERY slim chance. Only time will tell. Good luck everyone!

5 minutes ago, OTgal2021 said:

I don't know for sure but I got one from SLP last week so I would assume they have the same process

Does your mosaic still have a green circle or did they change it after they emailed you about not getting in? 

Also sorry about not getting in.. this year is insanely competitive! Hopefully next year will be better

5 minutes ago, elaiina21 said:

Does your mosaic still have a green circle or did they change it after they emailed you about not getting in? 

Also sorry about not getting in.. this year is insanely competitive! Hopefully next year will be better

OTgal2021 here (idk how I managed to get 2 names!)...It still shows as green & ORPAS hasn’t changed either. Thanks for the support! It was so competitive this year that I’m not tooooooo upset. It’s disappointing but it is what it is! Nothing I could have done to help it. Hopefully next year is better :)

12 minutes ago, pendingOT said:

OTgal2021 here (idk how I managed to get 2 names!)...It still shows as green & ORPAS hasn’t changed either. Thanks for the support! It was so competitive this year that I’m not tooooooo upset. It’s disappointing but it is what it is! Nothing I could have done to help it. Hopefully next year is better :)

I sent a message ot OTgal2021!

15 minutes ago, physio4444 said:

What did everyone think about the Kira? I feel like it was mostly typical interview based stuff for me.

Agreed. Felt pretty good about most of my answers. 

for anyone who hasn’t taken it yet, don’t stress too much!

1 hour ago, PTamy said:

Does anyone who applied in previous years know if they do send out regrets emails?

McMaster definitely sends out regrets emails, I got one last year saying I was “not chosen for an interview” around maybe March 3rd 2020? Something like that!