Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum - 2021 cycle

3 hours ago, smile1234 said:

Hi all,

For those who have accepted an offer, just wanted to make sure if we just had to firmly accept on ORPAS and submit a conferred transcript? And received a confirmation email about which school you have firmly accepted? That's it on our end, correct? 

Thank you in advance!

I had provisionally accepted an offer, would that be okay or would I have to firmly accept by the May 29th deadline?

For the rest of your question, I think like you said, you'd have to accept on ORPAS and submit your final conferred transcript (and also pay the deposit for your school). Someone correct me if I'm off on this or missing something!

Hello everyone!

Has anyone taken an undergrad degree with a CO-OP stream? If so, did you feel it positively impacted your chances of getting in? Between work terms and academic semesters my volunteer experience is limited and I wanted to see if CO-OP makes a difference. Thanks! :) 

16 minutes ago, Hopeful2022 said:

Hello everyone!

Has anyone taken an undergrad degree with a CO-OP stream? If so, did you feel it positively impacted your chances of getting in? Between work terms and academic semesters my volunteer experience is limited and I wanted to see if CO-OP makes a difference. Thanks! :) 

None of us can actually say if coops help. We either did one or didn't. My coop was the final semester, so it wasn't a consideration for my applications, but if I need to reapply next year I would assume it would be a boost Since I did well. Like shadowing experience, it demonstrates interest in the setting and shows that the candidate likely understand the role of an OT/PT.

3 hours ago, OT_9821 said:

I had provisionally accepted an offer, would that be okay or would I have to firmly accept by the May 29th deadline?

For the rest of your question, I think like you said, you'd have to accept on ORPAS and submit your final conferred transcript (and also pay the deposit for your school). Someone correct me if I'm off on this or missing something!

Hello, I provisionallyaccepted my offer right now. And I heard it will be automatically charged to firm June 7th (I asked SAM). 

I'm not sure about the deposit.. I did not hear anything about deposit tho. Did they email you to pay?

5 minutes ago, pt90 said:

Hello, I provisionallyaccepted my offer right now. And I heard it will be automatically charged to firm June 7th (I asked SAM). 

I'm not sure about the deposit.. I did not hear anything about deposit tho. Did they email you to pay?

All right, got it!

For me, the deposit was regarding McMaster, where in their acceptance email, they said we had to accept our offer and pay the deposit online. It may differ by schools and programs. 

On 5/20/2021 at 10:31 PM, UWOT said:

I havn't been able to find one yet. The faculty hasn't confirmed if the program is going to be in person for the year yet, are you planning on moving to London regardless of the situation?

Does anyone know if the program the past year was through virtual learning?

Hi! I have a friend who will be graduating from Western this summer and she said her second year was completely online except for 2-3 labs in person. COVID happened March of her first year and she was fully online. I did reach out and I don't believe they have made a decision as to whether this year will be online. The website says a mix of both in class and online.

I accepted my offer at Western! Looking forward to meeting everyone :) 

On 5/25/2021 at 5:21 PM, Hopeful2022 said:

Hello everyone!

On 5/20/2021 at 9:55 PM, OTSaqui said:

Has anyone had any luck finding an OT Facebook group for Western? I'm looking to move out to London and would love to hear from people who are taking OT as well and living there/planning on moving there.

Hey! I spoke to a couple upper years who said that they are waiting for the official list in June and then will make a group and invite us to it! I believe it’s going to be mixed model with labs in person. For sure for the second term, not 100% sure for the first one. I’m moving either way! 

2 hours ago, PEOTDALPLEASE said:

Hey! Im an Atlantic Canada resident that applied to DAL OT for 2021.  I haven't heard back yet, but I know some have.  Is anyone on the same boat and haven't heard back?

From Atlantic Canada and found out I was waitlisted this afternoon 

3 hours ago, PEOTDALPLEASE said:

Hey! Im an Atlantic Canada resident that applied to DAL OT for 2021.  I haven't heard back yet, but I know some have.  Is anyone on the same boat and haven't heard back?

1 hour ago, kk2902 said:

International student here. Found out I was waitlisted today for DalOT, but I'll be turning it down.

Mind me asking about your GPA?

Can any past or current student offer some insight on the difference between the Calgary vs. Edmonton campus for U of A PT & OT? I’m originally from Calgary but I have family in both cities so housing isn’t an issue. Or anyone who was just accepted also, how did you choose between Calgary vs. Edmonton? 

13 hours ago, meeeramkat007 said:

Hey! I spoke to a couple upper years who said that they are waiting for the official list in June and then will make a group and invite us to it! I believe it’s going to be mixed model with labs in person. For sure for the second term, not 100% sure for the first one. I’m moving either way! 

Hey! I’m also going to Western for OT and we’re looking for one more female roommate to join our group! Let me know if either of you are interested :)