Premed 101 Forums

Invite Countdown

10 minutes ago, Willy Wonka Golden Ticket said:

The dates were removed from the “Interview Weekend” portion of Dal’s med deadlines page.  I’m purely speculating here but here are a couple guesses as to why that is:

Dal is pushing interviews to later in the year to give themselves more time to set up the virtual interviews

Dal isn’t having a dedicated weekend (perhaps due to limitations with the virtual interview format) and will be doing the interviews over a longer period of time 

Dal’s interview will be a series of answers that you pre-record similar to CASPer snapshot (reeeally hope it’s not this one).

Again I’m just 100% speculating here, but the removal of dates has me thinking it’s not gonna be happening the regular weekend in November. What do you guys think?

I agree 100%.

Also, chances are they have decided invites they're just ironing out the details of the virtual format to include in the invite emails. I could see (Speculation) them holding interviews early 2021 and releasing acceptances in May like Ontario Schools, ESPECIALLY with a potential strike and the 2nd wave of 'rona. We should just let the chips fall where they may, getting stressed out over when is counterproductive to our outside lives, and on the mental health front. 

relax, take care of yourselves! self care is more important that ever in these trying times :) 

30 minutes ago, Willy Wonka Golden Ticket said:

The dates were removed from the “Interview Weekend” portion of Dal’s med deadlines page.  I’m purely speculating here but here are a couple guesses as to why that is:

Dal is pushing interviews to later in the year to give themselves more time to set up the virtual interviews

Dal isn’t having a dedicated weekend (perhaps due to limitations with the virtual interview format) and will be doing the interviews over a longer period of time 

Dal’s interview will be a series of answers that you pre-record similar to CASPer snapshot (reeeally hope it’s not this one).

Again I’m just 100% speculating here, but the removal of dates has me thinking it’s not gonna be happening the regular weekend in November. What do you guys think?

Interesting. This all makes too much sense :(. You think invites still come out this week then? Website hasn’t changed that yet

2 hours ago, NurseLewis said:

I agree 100%.

Also, chances are they have decided invites they're just ironing out the details of the virtual format to include in the invite emails. I could see (Speculation) them holding interviews early 2021 and releasing acceptances in May like Ontario Schools, ESPECIALLY with a potential strike and the 2nd wave of 'rona. We should just let the chips fall where they may, getting stressed out over when is counterproductive to our outside lives, and on the mental health front. 

relax, take care of yourselves! self care is more important that ever in these trying times :) 

going crazy with speculation is the only thing keeping me sane right now. 

3 hours ago, NurseLewis said:

I agree 100%.

Is there a strike happening? 

18 minutes ago, sally1999 said:

Does anyone know what score you would need to get an interview?

I think based on the information provided on Dalhousie's website, it sounds like IP applicants are guaranteed an interview if they meet the cut-off (MCAT, GPA and CASPER). As for OOP applicants, the MCAT, GPA and CASPER are used as part of the initial screening, however I believe that the "connection maritime essay" is the main criterion used whether an OOP applicant is invited or not. 

5 hours ago, sally1999 said:

I guess anything can happen in 2020. With the pandemic and this potential 'strike,' it will take a while before we hear back from the adcoms. Time for me to hibernate lol.

2 minutes ago, DayIsNight said:

So I just posted that my MCAT was verified 2 minutes ago.... and I just got my rejection now... I guess it's starting people.

Time Stamp: 1:43 Atlantic Time

GPA: 3.91 (does Dal go to 1 or 2 decimals?)

MCAT: 509

OOP

Good luck everyone!

Well my anxiety just went through the roof, good luck everyone!

14 minutes ago, Danielle7716 said:

I have higher stats then everyone that has said they are rejected so far so it could be cutoffs. They are all OOP as am I and normally OOP cutoffs are much higher then IP.

the avg oop mcat of Dal is around 510 (or around there), unless it significantly changed this year and they took the route usask or uofm take i doubt it.